Montgomery County Overdose Prevention/Naloxone Training
Please join Chelsey Wright, Regional Overdose Prevention Specialist, Region 5N1 for a free Overdose Prevention Training in Montgomery County, Tennessee! (Region 5N1 includes Montgomery, Cheatham, Stewart, Robertson, Houston, Humphreys, Sumner, and Dickson Counties.)
It will be in the William O. Beach Civic Hall Center on the 3rd Wednesday each month at 5:30 PM. The training will last approximately 45-60 minutes.
After the presentation is complete, attendees will receive certificates showing that they have been trained on overdose prevention including the administering of naloxone (Narcan, Kloxxado.) If eligible, attendees may receive an opioid reversal kit (Includes 2 doses of Narcan, gloves, resources, and instructions.)
Some Topics We Will Go Over Include:
• What are opioids and stimulants, the opioid epidemic, and how it is impacting TN and your community
• Harm Reduction
• Reducing Stigma
• Risk factors of an opioid/stimulant overdose
• Recognizing an opioid/stimulant overdose
• Naloxone: how and when to use it
• Compassion fatigue, burn out and self-care
We look forward to seeing you there!